Call for papers: 14th IARTEM Conference
Changing media – changing schools?
27 – 29 September 2017 | Universidade Lusófona, Lisbon, Portugal
14th IARTEM International Conference on Textbooks and Educational Media: Changing media – changing schools?
The International Association for Research on Textbooks and Educational Media (IARTEM), in co-operation with Universidade Lusófona of Lisbon, will organize the fourteenth IARTEM Conference to professionals from all over the world, who work in the field of educational media and textbooks research and development.
In order to participate in the Conference, you must submit a paper related with one of the Conference themes.
- Submission of abstracts: 20 April 2017
- Acceptance of abstracts: 1 June 2017
- Registration + payment: 1 July 2017
- Publication of program: 1 September 2017
The International Association for Research on Textbooks and Educational Media (IARTEM), in co-operation with Universidade Lusófona of Lisbon, is pleased to invite professionals from all over the world who work in the field of educational media and textbooks research and development to participate in the fourteenth IARTEM conference.
The conference will take place in Lisbon, 27–29 September 2017.
The theme of the conference will be: Changing media – changing schools?
Keywords: Learning, Classroom Resources, Practices, Scientific Curiosity
- New media, new ways of teaching/learning?
- Digital resources and student differentiation
- Textbooks, new media, curiosity and scientific/critical thinking
- Teacher education for using educational media and textbooks in the classroom
- Use of educational media and textbooks in Higher Education (University)
- Use of textbooks and educational media in schools
- Educational publishing challenges in new media
- Designing learning resources
- Textbook selection and approval
- Research on Humanities classroom resources
- Research on Language classroom resources
- Research on Social studies classroom resources
- Research on STEM-based classroom resources (STEM is: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, and sometimes Geography)
- Mobile learning research
- History of educational media and textbook development, usage and production
- Equity, access and funding of textbooks and educational media
- Identity in textbooks and educational media
- Special education and educational media
- Local culture in educational media
The program will include
- PHD Day on Tuesday 26 September 2017
PhD students will present their research projects (research problem, research design, methodology). Experienced researchers will provide comments on dissertation projects presented by PhD students. The PhD students presenting their projects will receive a certificate of achievement from IARTEM and Universidade Lusófona.
- Local School Visit and Institutions
The visit of secondary schools in Lisbon will be arranged for conference participants. As alternative, a visit to the Lisbon Museum.
The working language will be English, and all abstracts must be written in English.
Papers can be submitted after the conference till two months after it.
All papers presented may be published in the conference volume, subject to a process of editing and review by leading researchers.
Extended versions of papers may be submitted to the IARTEM e-Journal and be subject to the usual process of journal peer review.
Journal Special Issues
A number of journal special issues related to conference themes mainly with a subject focus are being negotiated.
Please complete the form to register (deadline: 1 July 2017).
- Non-members: 200 Euro
- IARTEM members: 140 Euro
- IARTEM membership (two years): 50 Euro
- PhD and Master students: 60 Euro
- Conference dinner: 40 Euro
The conference fee includes: conference programme, two lunches, coffee breaks, refreshment.
Payment should be done by IARTEM’s account ultimately 1 July 2017:
Triodos Bank, Utrechtseweg, Zeist, The Netherlands
In the case of payments received after that date IARTEM cannot guarantee the presentation of your paper.
Annulations done on or before 1 July 2017 will lead to reimbursement of your payment. In the case annulations are done after 1 July 2017 the payment will not be reimbursed. Note: It will not be possible to pay cash before, during or after the conference! IARTEM is willing to pay half of the banking costs, if applicable
The conference will take place in the city of Lisbon, Portugal, at Universidade Lusófona, Campo Grande, 376.
You need to book your own accommodation and pay directly to the hotel of your choice. We suggest some:
- Radisson Hotel , about 200 meters from University Lusófona
- NH-Hotel , about 300 meters from University Lusófona
- Villa-Rica Hotel , about 500 meters from University Lusófona
- Ibis Hotel , take the bus or metro to University Lusófona
- More hotels in the Campo Grande area
Information about the conference will be updated on the IARTEM website. You can also contact email@example.com