The Post-Screen: International Festival of Art, New Media and Cybercultures
17 & 18 November 2016
The Post-Screen: International Festival of Art, New Media and Cybercultures is an event part of the POST-SCREEN research project designed and developed within the Cyberart section of the Artistic Studies Research Center (CIEBA) based at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Lisbon (FBA-UL).
CeiED is part of this project because the researcher Ana Moutinho (CeiED’s researcher) is one of the members of the team of researchers of the project and Judite Primo and Mário Moutinho (CeiED’s researchers) are part of the advisory board of the project.
This research project combines various areas of research within practice and theoretic fields, on the basis of the idea of post-screen. The prefix post- intends to propose an ontological reflection about the screen in order to question and provide for multiple perspectives regarding the way our visual culture is affected by the use of screens in our everyday lives, whether in domestic or public spaces, and the way the use of new technologies are set as a powerful tool for artistic practices.
The post-screen reflects the idea of something that is beyond but not yet necessarily surpassed, recognizing an idea of a subsequent moment, that considers the past, the present and the future, in which the screen appears as a central figure, as a theme, as a substance and a vehicle for heterogeneous practices related to new media and cybercultures.
The Post-Screen research project consists of several activities:
- International conferences with unique and plural perspectives regarding the central theme of each year’s edition, presented by invited Keynote Speakers as well as authors selected through a call for papers;
- Exhibitions comprising a set of artworks that stand out within plural artistic expressions that use several mediums and technologies;
- Publications comprising the research outputs of the Post-Screen activities;
- Workshops which are designed for the general public, especially for those who have an interest in acquiring basic knowledge or expand their technical skills;
- Round tables and seminars.
For more information please visit the website.