Artists, Heritage and the Museum
Inserted in the official calendar of the Portugal-France 2022 Season, this initiative bears the seal of CeiED – Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Development, University Lusophone. The Portugal-France Season 2022 is a bilateral diplomacy initiative between Portugal and France, which aims to deepen cultural relations between the two countries. At the context of recent concerns with non-European heritage, the history of museology and the de-colonial initiatives associated with it, the museological institution and the way in which it functions, have been intensely scrutinized. The collective exhibition Artists, Heritage and the Museum, and the associated events analyze the museological institution and the heritage through the lens of contemporary art, especially conceptual art, and with the tools of a multidisciplinary and dynamic methodology.
- Exhibition at the National Museum of Natural History and Science in Lisbon, which took place between the 1st of February and the 28th of February 2022. (international artists)
- Guided tour of the exhibition with curator Marta Jecu on February 15, 2022.
- Guided tour with adults from the association for portuguese-speaking migrants “RENOVAR MOURARIA” and conversation with the teacher and dean Mário Moutinho on February 21, 2022.
- Educational action program with children aged 8 and 9 from two schools in Lisbon, Escola Passos Manuel and Patricio Prazeres School, on the 22nd and 24th of February 2022.
Financing: France-Portugal official Season: 3500 Euros
Support Technical equipment: Ceied/Cofac
Partnerships: MUHNAC (National Museum of Natural History Lisbon), Gallery
High Art Paris, Patricio Prazeres School Grouping, Passos Manuel School
- Marta Jecu (I.R.Ulusófona)
- Mário Moutinho (Ulusófona)
- Helionida Pavel (Ulusófona)
- Heloísa Vivanco (Ulusófona)
- Maria Luísa Moita (Ulusófona)
- Maria Monsalves (Ulusófona)
- Margarida Belchior (Ulusófona)
- Paula Fiúza (Ulusófona)
- Roberta Gonçalves (Ulusófona)
- Karol Pacheco (Ulusófona)