Erasmus + Family-based Open Science Schooling Project
This project is one of the European Union’s first systematic attempts to put into practice the challenge of involving families in their children’s learning. Its most important mission is to develop practical guidelines for secondary schools and science teachers on how to organize, and facilitate, a school open to the effective involvement of families in various scientific experiments. All elements of the project are aimed at producing practical and attractive guidelines for secondary schools through participatory involvement between schools and families. The success of such initiatives depends entirely on the quality of the training of science teachers, schools and school communities in creating ways to attract and maintain the involvement of families in the learning of young people.
The project’s working methods add considerable innovation to the initiatives, as the project’s organization, experimentation and results will involve students, teachers and families as co-creators, through a well-documented participatory design approach. The innovation of the project is therefore linked to the European agenda to rethink science education, dedicated to finding new ways to make scientific learning attractive to young students, precisely over the years when they strongly build their identity, personality and professional intentions.
The Erasmus + Family-based Open Science Schooling Project has as main objectives to encourage families to participate in school life and activities, to co-create ‘science for all’ activities in which teachers, students and families interact in order to support responsible science education and, also, support the implementation of Joint Science Missions involving the community.
01-11-2019 to 31-10-2021 (24 months)
- University of Eastern Finland (Finland)
- Pasvalys Levens Basic School (Lithuania)
- PLATON M.E.P.E Secondary School (Greece)
- Szkola Podstawowa nr 2 z Oddzialami Dwujezycznymi im ks Stanislawa Konarskiego, Secondary School (Poland)
- ELAZIG DOGA ANADOLU LISESI (Elazig Egitimcilik Tic.ve San. A.S), the Secondary School (Turkey)
- Gimnaziyas prepodavane na chuzhdi ezici “Romen Rolan” Secondary School (Bulgaria)
- Working with Europe / Treballant amb Europa Associación (Spain).