NELP Portuguese Language Studies
The space of Lusophony occupies the centre of the action of the Universidade Lusófona, which assumes itself as “an institution responsible for the scientific, cultural, social and economic development of this geographic and linguistic space with more than 200 million inhabitants” (Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias).
The Portuguese language assumes itself, therefore, as a unifying element of countries and cultures spread all over the world, especially in the current real-time communication, made possible by the advancement of technologies.
Language is one of the main symbolic systems that allows us to create conceptions of reality, express what we think and feel, learn and produce knowledge. It is also a strong element in the constitution of identity and an instrument of power.
In this context, the Portuguese Language Studies Nucleus aims at gathering, developing and deepening studies about the Portuguese Language, namely in the aspects of oral acquisition, learning how to read and write, artistic and literary expressions, philosophy of language, public policies, power relations and linguistic variations.
Due to the diversity of the interests mentioned and the conception of language adopted, this Nucleus, as well as the Centre, assumes interdisciplinary as its epistemological posture, promoting the multiplicity of looks at the same theme, the displacement of the point to change the view, and as its social function the contribution, from the knowledge produced, to a quality education, to the reduction of inequalities and to the continuous construction of peace and justice.
Thematic areas or programmatic content
- Communication, language, speech, language;
- Language, construction and change of reality;
- Discourse and power;
- Linguistic variations;
- Languages, language, curriculum and development of skills and abilities for the 21st century;
- Language, curriculum and education policies in Portuguese-speaking countries;
- Language, technology, artificial intelligence and teacher training;
- Language and learning;
- Ana Cunha
- Arlinda Cabral
- Beatriz Koppe – CeiED/ULHT
- Elsa Estrela
- Esmeralda Santo
- Everaldo Almeida – CeiED/ULHT
- Ilda Poças – CeiED/ULHT
- Jaana Nogueira – Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Brasil
- Joana Quinta – Universidade Katyavala Bwila, Angola
- José Brás
- José Duarte
- Lucimar Dantas – CeiED/ULHT
- Maria Neves
- Mary Joice Paranaguá Rios Rodrigues
- Óscar Sousa
- Raimunda Nonata Reis Lobão
- Sofia Lerche – Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Brasil
Scientific Activities and Results
- Língua pra quê te quero?!
- TASK21 | EdTEch and AI for Essential Skills in the 21st Century
- AVAL: Avaliação Pedagógica, Resultados Escolares e Literacia de Leitura
- Developing and Sharing Adults´Language Teachers´ (e)Skills
- + STORYLINE: STORYtelling for (Language) Learning in an Interactive and Nonformal Environment
- Dantas, L., Estrela, E., Ricardo, M., Gonçalves, M., Sousa, O., Franco, D., Brás, J. & Koppe, B. (2020). How can new technologies and artificial intelligence collaborate With education? Knowledge and recommendations from EU students And teachers. ICERI2020 (13th annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation). Sevilla, Spain, 9th-10th of November. Doi: 10.21125/iceri.2020.1812
- Dantas, L., Sousa, O., Gonçalves, M., Ricardo, M., Franco, D., Brás, J., Estrela, E. & Koppe, B. (2020). When technology meets pedagogy. An Erasmus+ project proposal to Create an interdisciplinary higher education model. ICERI2020 (13th annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation). Sevilla, Spain, 9th-10th of November. Doi: 10.21125/iceri.2020.1816
- Dantas, L., Rosa, V., Lopo, T. T., Almeida, E., Leal, M.C. (2020). A literacia de leitura: análise dos referenciais de avaliação do PISA e dos currículos nacionais de Portugal e do Brasil. 3rd WCCES Symposium, 25-27 November 2020. (online)
- Dantas, L., Galego, C. Koppe, B., Almeida, E. S., Gonçalves, M. N. & Brás, J. (2021). Mother language teaching and skills development: an analysis of the curricula of the last year of secondary education in European countries and Brazil. 3rd International Conference on Advanced Research in Education (EDUCATIONCONF) 11-14 March. (online)
- Dantas, L., Galego, C., Koppe, B., Almeida, E. S. & Brás, J. (2021). How can mother language teaching contribute to the development of 21st century skills? EDULEARN21 (13th annual International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies). 5-6 July. (online).
- Galego, C., Dantas, L., Koppe, B., Brás, J. & Almeida, E. S. (2021). Promoting skills through mother language teaching: a comparative curricular analysis of skills development models in secondary school in six countries. EDULEARN21 (13th annual International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies). 5-6 July. (online).
- Galego, C., Dantas, L., Koppe, B., Almeida, E. S., Gonçalves, M. N. & Brás, J. (2021). Skills and Curricular Programs: a Comparative Analysis of Mother Tongue Programs in the Last Year of Secondary School in Six Countries. ECER 2021 – the European Conference on Educational Research. 2-3 September. (online)
Participation in Conferences
Impacts of artificial intelligence on education: a critical analysis
XIV Congresso Internacional Educação e Inovação – Rumo a uma Educação Sustentável. Simpósio (Coimbra 9-11 de dezembro de 2020)
Para além da língua: os soft skills no ensino e na aprendizagem do Português
CONLAB 2021 – GT 45 Línguagens, Identidade, Discurso e Poder
Lucimar Dantas, Maria Neves Gonçalves, José Brás, Joana Quinta