Research Grant for a Master CeiED (Ref.ª 2022.04615.PTDC)
A call is open for the allocation of one (1) Research Grant for a Master, financed by national funds through FCT, I.P., under the R&D project Contemporary Art – A path towards an inclusive museology (CARIM), to be developed at the Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Development – CeiED (Ref. 2022.04615.PTDC), under the following conditions:
Scientific Area: Museology; Contemporary Art; Heritage Studies; History of Modern and Contemporary Art.
Candidates should possess as mandatory requirements:
- Academic qualification required: Master’s degree and be enrolled on a PhD course in Museology, Contemporary Art, Heritage Studies. History of Modern and Contemporary Art
- Experience in scientific research activities preferably in the area of Museology, Contemporary Art, Heritage Studies. History and Theory of Modern and Contemporary Art;
As well as, it will be considered as preferential requirements:
- Proficient command of the Portuguese language;
- Mastery (written and oral) of the English language;
- Experience in project management, coordination of publication processes, institutional correspondence, academic writing, transcription of interviews.
- Experience in web design and graphic design activities will be valued.
- Bibliographical survey and creation of a database on language and learning;
- Transcription, coding and analysis of interviews;
- Collaboration in the development of materials for dissemination and publication
- Maintenance and updating of the project’s website content;
- Participation in the development of scripts, reports, publications and other materials relevant to the project.
- Participation in the communication with several institutions.
Legislation and applicable regulations: Law No. 40/2004, 18 August (Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder) – https://former.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/estatutobolseiro ; Regulation of Research Grants of the Foundation for Science and Technology, IP (in force) https://former.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt republished in annex to Regulation No. 950/2019, in the Official Gazette , 2nd series, No. 241, 16 December 2019, with the current wording).
Place where the activity is carried out: The activities related to the grant will be developed at the Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Development of the Lusófona University, in Lisbon, under the scientific guidance of Dr. Marta Jecu (Scientific Coordinator of the R&D Project).
Duration of the grant(s): The fellowship will have a duration of 12 months with an expected start on 10 July 2023. The grant contract can be renewed for equal or different periods according to the financial availability and scientific needs of the project.
Value of the monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to 1199,64 euros according to the table of values of grants directly awarded by FCT, I.P. in the country (https://www.fct.pt/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Tabela-de-Valores-SMM_2023.pdf). In addition to this amount, there is the voluntary social insurance corresponding to the first level, if the candidate chooses to receive it, as well as the personal accident insurance.
The scholarship will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
The performance of functions as a grant holder is carried out on an exclusive dedication basis, under Article 5 of the Statute of the Scientific Research Grant Holder.
The selection of candidates will be made by a jury composed of Dr. Marta Jecu The selection of candidates will be made by a jury composed of Dr. Marta Jecu (Scientific Coordinator of the R&D Project), Dr. Margarida Brito Alves (member of the project’s research team) and Dr. Judite Primo (member of the project’s research team).
The selection of candidates will be made by applying the curricular assessment and motivation letter methods. The curricular evaluation will be worth 75% of the final mark and the letter of motivation 25%. If the jury chooses to interview the candidates, the curricular evaluation will correspond to 50%, the letter of motivation to 25% and the interview to 25% of the total score of the candidates.
Form of publication/notification of results:
The final results of the evaluation will be publicised through a draft ordered list, posted in a visible and public place of the Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Development and published in CeiED’s website.
Candidates may appeal within 10 working days after the publication of the final ranking list.
The successful candidate will be notified by e-mail.
Application deadline and form of presentation of applications:
The competition is open from 25/05/2023 to 07/06/2023.
Applications must be formalised by sending the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of academic qualifications certificate;
- Motivation letter;
- Proof of enrolment in a degree or non-degree course in the areas indicated in the admission requirements;
Other documents that the candidate may consider relevant;
Applications should be sent by e-mail, indicating in the subject of the e-mail the reference of the competition (Ref. BI_Mestre_2022.04615.PTDC _CARIM), to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org