Teacher in the field of mathematics education, graduated in PEB’s 2nd Cycle, variant of Mathematics and Sciences in Nature, with a second degree in Management, Master’s in Education Sciences in the area of Mathematics Education, working in initial teacher training and as a trainer in the areas of ICT, Economics and Mathematics.
Researcher in Mathematics Education and in Education and Development, with presence in national and international conferences in the area and with some national and international publication.
Areas of academic and scientific interest
- Mathematics Education
- Education and development
- Between knots and nets, an approach to sociomuseological and ethnomathematical complexity
Sociomuseology has been studied from different perspectives: as a subjective experience, as a physical process and as a social communication. In mathematics education, the ethnomathematics approach has focused on various conceptual dimensions. This investigation aims to understand the coherence of the theoretical foundation for the role of sociomuseology and ethnomathematics complexity. A special emphasis is placed on aspects of social integration and appreciation of local and global culture in co-creation with it, this participatory and dynamic process involves an entire local community.
The goals of this work are as follows:
- Develop a multidisciplinary approach to sociomuseology in order to consolidate the recognition of museology as an educational, egalitarian and inclusive resource;
- A conceptualization of a matrix of ethnomathematics thinking linked to formal and non-formal educational environments built on networks of local, face-to-face and virtual communities, with a view to quality education;
- Identification of the trivium body of knowledge (literacy, materacy and technocracy) – knowledge constructed while performing a task – as aspects with a cultural dimension that affect learning by building bridges with communities;
- Construction of an ethnomathematics community museum as a method of analysis and reporting of qualitative studies.