Lisa Nadia Roberta Pigozzi is a passionate research fellow in ecomuseums with a strong background in tourism.
She has a Degree in Tourism Science (2014), and a Master Degree in Tourism and Local Development (2016), with an experimental thesis project in Cuba, where she worked with the Instituto de Ecología y Sistemática of Havana for proposing the implementation of an ecomuseum in Viñales Valley (Pinar del Rio).
She has always been immersed and fascinated in mixing cultures, and she has expertise in destination promotion, thanks to the work in a dynamic travel-experiences-startup. There, she was responsible for hunting and developing off-track activities in Italy (and around the world) for linking locals with curious travellers, and promoting territorial excellences.
She is continuing her studies and research in ecomuseums, and she is a research fellow at Sociology and Social Research Department at Milan Bicocca University, with the EcoHeritage Project [ERASMUS + KA 2020-1-ES01-KA204- 082769]. The project aims to raise awareness of ecomuseums as a participatory tool for involving local communities in sustainable heritage and territory management.
She is a PhD student in Museology, at Lusofona University (Lisbon), with research grant UNESCO-ULHT Chair “Education, Citizenship and Cultural Diversity” (Lusófona University – ULHT, 2021-2024), where she is part of different study groups (MINA-Museología Insurgente en Nuestra América; LabSe – Laboratorio de Socio-expografia; Educación e Paulo Freire).
Her studies and research interests focus on the role of ecomuseums in local development, and how ecomuseums can foster responsible tourism.
Areas of academic and scientific interest
- Participative Heritage management
- Cultural Heritage
- Responsible Tourism
- Local Development
- Community Tourism
- Rural areas development through ecomuseums’ actions. The challenge of bottom-up sustainable tourism planning
- Professor Mário Caneva de Magalhães Moutinho
The aim of my project research is to study the role of ecomuseums in Italian, Portuguese and Spanish rural areas to develop a new tourism offer planned with local community.
The general objectives of my research are:
- Study the situation of ecomuseums and community heritage project in rural areas in Italy, Portugal and Spain, which are some of the States where the Ecoheritage project. As I am alredy involved in a research project about ecomuseums, I would like to deepen investigate some aspect of the research, focusing on tourism and local development.
- Study community-based actions for heritage safeguarding.
- Implement new tourism offers in rural areas in Italy, Spain and Portugal, based on local traditions and heritage enhancement by local community.