ITLA – Innovative Teaching Learning Approaches
Abstract of the Project
The development and implementation of new technologies in the education system at any level requires a preliminary assessment of the level of readiness for innovation and digital literacy in the education community. So first, once it comes to the level of secondary level education, the readiness of teachers and dedicated specialists working with students and their parents to implement innovative teaching/learning approaches needs to be explored such as STEAM and Gamification implementations. Everyday a new technological development is emerging and in information era to use these developments has become indispensable for individuals. In this respect, educational institutions and teachers have great responsibilities.
According to 2021-2027 European targets, the phenomenon of digital citizenship, which is the necessity of the information age, and the development of qualified teachers in the professional field and the qualified, creative, algorithmic and critical thinking generation are aimed. The necessity of digital literacy- skills and digital readiness which is the necessity of information age EU 2021-2027 target in education for educators to acquire 21st century skills and to raise qualified generation for lifelong learning. Within cross sectoral partnership we aim to transfer one another our knowledge and skills and also meet and exchange various implementations related to STEAM approach and Gamification. The students are very willing to learn everything. For this reason, we have to serve greatful atmosphere to the pupils in order to enhance their creativity and problem solving skills. In order to meet the interests and needs of the pupils, all partner countries are required to acquire knowledge and skills about STEAM and Gamification in integrating to their education system. We carry out a survey to identify our needs within partnership. As we determined through the needs analysis of the partners, we decide that we all need to use and enrich our implementations and integrate STEAM and Gamification implementations to our curriculum. In addition, we all desire to serve 2021-2027 EU targets as improving digital literacy-readiness, 21st century skills for lifelong learning, to raise qualified generation for future employment and make awareness for STEAM and Gamification in education. So that, the quality of education of the institutions will be increased by integrating the use of STEAM and Gamification in and out of the classroom. The investment of the learners’ minds, dreams and dreams takes place only when the education-training mechanisms are processed according to the requirements of the information age. In this direction, with this project, STEAM and Gamification approaches good samples will be exchanged within partners so, the educators and the students will gain the digital citizen phenomenon and gain the digital literacy sub-skills such as algorithmic, analytical, creative, critical thinking and problem solving.
The participants will contribute to their development as productive, creative, questioning and problem solving individuals, by not being consuming the technology, but by producing them. In the information age, the participants will be able to follow the innovations in the field of STEAM and integrated with gamification approaches. Within the scope of various European countries, our participants will be able to see on-the-spot practices with the LTTA and virtual meetings received and have the chance to exchange information with other colleagues abroad and to make collaborative implementations. The students will increase the academic success and gain qualified identity for future employment. We will promote STEAM approach and Gamification implementations for wider community in education. Creating our production result mobile application will make deep impact on involved partners and target groups of the project.
- We desire to achieve 2021-2027 European targets in education through lifelong learning and developing digital literacy.
- Raising academic success of our students from %25 to %50 to meet future employment with qualified generation.
- Improving key competences for success in teaching/learning.
- Rising participant’s digital literacy-readiness %70.
- Raising students’ motivation and eager to learn.
- Having more positive classroom atmosphere.
- Students comprehending the information in a permanent way by concretizing and facilitating the complex, difficult and abstract course subjects.
- Exchanging good samples of STEAM and Gamification and making awareness to this field in education.
- Gaining professional development.
- Producing our production result mobile application to make awareness
- On STEAM and Gamification implementations for wider community.
- Developing creativity, problem solving, inquiry,
- Communication, critical thinking and collaboration basic skills.
Program Erasmus + (European Union)
01/11/2021 to 01/11/2023
- Ana Cunha
- Paulo Ferreira
- Liceul Tehnologic Dragomir Hurmuzescu Medgidia (Romania) (Coordinator);
- Zespol Szkol Technicznych i Ogolnoksztalcacych z Oddzialami Integracyjnymi im. Stanislawa Staszica (Poland);
- Ozel Adalya Anadolu Lisesi (Turkey);
- Antalya Vizyon Koleji (Turkey);
- ARDA Beratung & Bildung GmbH (Germany);
- COFAC Cooperativa De Formação E Animação Cultural, CRL (Portugal)